Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage from the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or Children’s Medicaid.
What is covered?
CHIP and Children’s Medicaid both offer many benefits:
- Dentist visits, cleanings, and fillings
- Eye exams and glasses
- Choice of doctors, regular checkups, and office visits
- Prescription drugs and vaccines
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- Medical supplies, X-rays, and lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
To learn more about CHIP/Children’s Medicaid, please visit chipmedicaid.org.