The Food Bank of West Central Texas needs your help! February is National Canned Food Month, and volunteers say this is also the time of year they see a slow-down in donations.
There are many ways you can make an impact and help feed Abilene and West Texas.
The following is a list of the food items most needed by the programs served by the Food Bank of West Central Texas:
- Protein items such as canned tuna or chicken, canned stews and pasta/meat (easy on salt and fat), peanut buter
- Canned fruits in light syrup, natural applesauce
- 100% juice cans or boxes (no glass please)
- Canned vegetables, tomatoes, tomato sauce
- Soups with meat and/or beans, meal-in-a-can (easy on salt and fat)
- Cereals and cereal bars (easy on sugar and fat)
- Pasta, spaghetti, macaroni, noodles
- Packages of dry beans
You can drop off these healthy canned items, or you can also donate online at www.fbwct.org.